Saturday, May 19, 2012

Perfection...Perspective.



We are not your traditional family.
Nope.
One handsome, charming, outdoorsy, manly man of a husband.
One slightly batty, yet endearing, full of fun and quite eccentric wife.
One fuzzy, wuzzy, snuggly, buggly, leaping lizard cat named Jack.
AND
One lady like, chatty, watchful and loyal princess kitten named Lily Belle.
I understand that as an LDS family, we are certainly not normal.
FHE is a little weird, especially when Jack is in charge of treats.
Family scripture study is almost impossible because of our children's lack of thumbs and therefore, inability to turn pages.
They don't go to church.  That just ain't prudent.
(and Jack refuses to wear a tie and I just insist on my son wearing a tie.)
Our kids don't have chores.  Even if they did, the lack of thumbs holds them back.
Our couch, clothes, bed, towels, linens, blankets and well, everything is covered in fur.
We didn't toilet train our kids....they use a litter box.
No juice boxes here...just salmon crunchy treats.
No parent's night.
No talent shows.
No piano lessons.
No soccer games.
No homework. (hooray!)

I've had quite a bit of time to ponder this lately.
Some of you understand why.
It's been a difficult week, probably because I've been focusing on all the things that I DON'T have.
On all the things that I CAN'T do.
On all the things that I'll NEVER BE.
And then-  I learned something.

My life is pretty darn good.
And...that's good enough for me.

So, to heck with the rest of it.


1 comment:

Nate, Marie & Lilly said...

You are so pretty my friend and I miss doing stupid stuff with you. Maybe someday we'll live close together again (unless the universe can't handle such awesomeness at one time). Love you Thelma and always remember how much your ROCK!!!