Monday, January 7, 2013

See ya later, alligator.

Dear 31,
I can honestly say that I'm not sorry to see you go.  30 was amazing...most of the time.  But you?  You've been a teacher.  You've taught me about life, about Christlike love, about acceptance and about strength.  You've showed me how resilient that I really am.  You've given me responsibilities that I didn't think I could bear.  You've showed me how to really love others and look at them in a more respectful and Christlike way.  You've taught me through various trials this year how to trust, how to accept, how to live, how to be a better me.  As much as I've disliked you, I must say that I am thankful for the gifts that you've given me. I am thankful for your tough love.  Please tell your friend 32 as you are passing in the hallway of my life that I am ready.  I'm going to give 32 hell.  I mean heck.  I'm going to be a better Katie.  Watch out 32, I'm going to own you.
With kind regards,
Katie

No comments: