Tuesday, January 20, 2009

I wish they all could be California Girls....NOT!


No offense to my Cali friends, but I am thankful to be a small town girl. I was away from home for 6 whole days! YUCK. For those of you who don't know, I was at the NAMM show in Anaheim CA. Now, seriously. The weather was beautiful, the food is great, the events were exciting, the show was great. However, I was so glad to get home, I cried the last ten minutes of my flight into IF. Seeing Tim at the airport was the highlight of my year. (so far...)I had forgotten how much I love him and need him on a daily basis just to talk with or hold hands with. Sounds silly, but I really mean it. I am not a fan of traffic or smoking or alcohol everywhere I look or people who don't like Mormons. I am not a fan of the neverending sea of trashy celebrity seekers who look like a) they haven't showered. b) they forgot half of their clothes at home and c) really should be wearing more clothes...for jiggling reasons. Also, I experienced some new things while there. I ate Kobe Beef-which is super tasty. I watched someone eat soup that had something's face in it. I ate Creme Brulee. Yum. I went on my first lesbian date, I think. Not so great. Weird, awkward, actually. Un-fun. Also, I was the only white person in a restaurant. I've never had that happen before. Really. The biggest thing again, was how much I realized that Tim is the center of my world. I missed my bed, family, tv, etc, but none of those compare to how much I missed my husband. I am so glad to be home and back in my little bitty town. Thank you IF for being just the right size!

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Sounds like quite the adventure. Hope there was a little fun in it. And I'm glad you're back, too--we still need to have lunch! :)