Friday, September 11, 2009

The Benefits of Being Us... Just us.

The Childless Couple
Okay, so I have spent wayyy too long dwelling on the fact that I am obviously not meant to be someone's mommy. In the last little while, I have come to the realization that this is not necessarily a bad thing all the time. So, I have decided that I am going to blog today on the benefits of being DINKs. (double income, no kids)





1. Just that! Two paychecks, no human responsibilities.

2. We can sleep through the night.

3. Only 2 suitcases to pack.

4. We can get up and go whenever and wherever we feel like it.

5. No diapers or barf.

6. No macaroni and cheese.

7. I get to watch Disney movies because I WANT TO!

8. Blissfully shopping.

9. Clean car.

10. I get to keep my parents all to myself.

11. We are the favorite aunt and uncle.

12. More time to spend with each other.

13. I don't have to get anyone ready for church but me.

14. I only have to entertain one person during sacrament meeting- Tim. :)

15. No diapers or barf.




However, there are disadvantages... for example...I think that my husband will be the greatest dad ever! My parents deserve to have more grandkids. I want to sew baby clothes. All of our friends have kids and hang out with other people that HAVE KIDS. There are so many negatives about this whole situation, but there are also a lot of positives. So for those of you that feel bad for me, stop. I am happy. I am blissfully happy. How many girls get to be married to Superman? (who, might I add, is my best friend in the whole world..) And maybe, someday, I'll even have a cat! ;)

Hugs and kisses to all!

4 comments:

Terri OConnor said...

katie,

I went 4 years---no babies!!! You just never know when they will come! You are going to be the best mom ever. Will you adopt me!

terri

Crystal said...

Not sure how I found your blog but glad I did. Never give up on being a mom. Took us 4 years to figure it out & finally have a baby girl. It WILL happen, one way or another!

Heather said...

careful what you wish for.... all my kids are 5 1/2 years apart and it was not easy... and then I just wanted one more... ha ha then came the twins. Careful, they run on your side of the family... there are alternatives as well, you could adopt my teenagers or my twins. I have an 11 year old that wants to be an only child as well.. and he does dishes and yard work.

Heather said...

but man I envy your benefits... I really do... I never got any of that with my husband. In fact sometimes I don't even know who he is because we just don't get any time together. Savor that.