Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Jack the Cat, American in Paris, New Job, Blah, Blah, Blah.

Let's pretend that I have actually been doing this like I am supposed to. Ha. Slacker. Due to my lack of internet and my lack of actual caring, I have not updated anything since December. Currently, I am at work. Some of my sweet customers have been after me to update. So, that's what I am doing.
Okay, first big news, Tim got me a cat for Christmas. He is the most precious and precocious siamese kitten in the whole world. I named him Jack. After Captain Jack Sparrow, Jackalope, Jackie Chan, etc. Tim has been out of town for a week and Jack has been uber protective. He is always on my heels and has taken to sleeping in front of my bedroom door so if there is a monster or a mouse or a burglar or a stray piece of cheese trying to attack, they will have to get past him to get to me. I have been finding him in the strangest places like inside the washer, the kitchen sink (full of dishwater of course) and calmly sitting amid flannel, polycotton and fleece in my sewing room on the shelf. He is just like a kid. He likes to be rocked and covered with his blankie. Wierd.
Okay, next. My dad got a new job. In Wyoming. No, not as a cowboy. He is managing a store and seems to enjoy it, but really? Wyoming? At least it's a job.
And next, the highlight of my life lately, has been watching old, classic Gene Kelly movies. I had forgotten how much I love him! I advise everyone to watch these two movies-An American in Paris and Anchors Aweigh with Frank Sinatra.
Tim has been off in New Mexico hunting antelope on steroids (oryx?) with his sister. Sounds like they had fun, but I'll be glad for him to be home again today!
So, life in a nutshell. Not exciting. Still, it's mine and I LOVE IT!

2 comments:

Nate, Marie & Lilly said...

Your hubby was probably in my area. You should have come with him and we could have terrorized the locals.

Terri OConnor said...

Love love love Old movies. Try The Long Hot Summer with Paul Newman (the most beautiful man ever born) and his wife Joanne Woodward. I think they fall in love during this movie...I would! Also with a less attractive but charming none the less, actor Walter Mathau in The New Leaf. Hard to find but really worth it. Have a wonderful weekend!