Thursday, October 4, 2012

Katie's Watch List- Part 1


I've always wanted to make this list...I'm not saying you have to take my advice, but this is my list of classic movies that everyone must watch.

1.  An Affair to Remember- Cary Grant and Deborah Kerr
2.  Breakfast at Tiffany's- Audrey Hepburn
3.  Penny Serenade- Cary Grant (have a huge box of tissues...)
4.  Kings Go Forth- Frank Sinatra
5.  An American in Paris - Gene Kelly
6.  Singin in the Rain- Gene Kelly and Debbie Reynolds
7.  Charade- Audrey Hepburn, Cary Grant and Walter Matthau
8.  The Bells of St. Mary's - Bing Crosby
9.  Here Comes the Groom - Bing Crosby
10. Going My Way- Bing Crosby
11. Casablanca- Humphrey Bogart
12. Sabrina- Audrey Hepburn, Humphrey Bogart
13. The Proud and the Profane- Deborah Kerr and William Holden
14. Arsenic and Old Lace- Cary Grant (be warned..this one is a touch strange...)
15. Operation Petticoat- Cary Grant, Tony Stewart
16. How to Steal a Million- Audrey Hepburn
17. True Grit- John Wayne
18. Two Mules for Sister Sarah- Clint Eastwood
19. Anchors Aweigh- Gene Kelly, Frank Sinatra, Katherine Grayson
20. Gone with the Wind- Clark Gable and Vivien Leigh

Now that I'm looking, maybe I should have just made an Audrey Hepburn list...
Maybe next time.
Stay tuned...
Next time-it's Must Watch Musicals!
Enjoy!

1 comment:

Mandy said...

Ooh I love this post!! Makes me want to clear my to do list today, make hot cocoa, and cuddle up to my fav oldies!! I would add only two films to this fabulous list:
1. The Philadelphia Story- Jimmy Stewart, Cary Grant, Katherine Hepburn (my fav!!)
2. Roman Holiday- Audrey Hep, Gregory Peck, lots of sighing

If I was in Idaho I would abduct you, make you take a sick day, and we would have an all day jammie party... More sighing.