Thursday, August 1, 2013

Women...Sheesh.

Forgive me a small venting blog post.
Why is it that we women feel like we have to be friends with everyone?  Why is it that if one person doesn't like us that we feel worthless? What in the heck is wrong with us?
Don't we see that we are of infinite worth, no matter what anyone else thinks?
I don't understand why we as women don't value our talents, our beauty, our worth and our purpose just because one lousy, rude, unkind and definitely not Christian person doesn't value them.
There are dozens of people who think we hung the moon and stars, but just because one person sees the need to be hurtful, we throw what those dozens of people think away?
WHAT IS WRONG WITH US?!?!
And I don't think I'm just speaking for myself.  I think that in general, most women pay way too much attention to what others think.  And the crappy part is that those unkind people are the ones we pay the most attention to.  We don't listen to our spouses, our families, our true friends and people that matter.  All we hear are the bad things.
For instance, my husband tells me everyday that I'm beautiful and kind and big hearted and talented and smart and hard working.  Do I listen?  No.
The only words that are constantly replaying in my head are "controlling, bossy, witchy (with a b), teacher's pet and suck up."
Why do I do that?!
(And might I add, don't ever call someone a teacher's pet.  It's more hurtful than you realize.  It makes all the hard work they've ever done worth NOTHING to them.)
Yes, this is very personal.
No, it's not a big deal.
I've decided to stop letting other people affect me,but I can't help but replay their words in my head every time I make a choice.
I think I'll try a new approach.  I've been teaching kids that they are children of God and have infinite worth this year....
Maybe I need to teach myself.
So, if you're reading this, you are a child of God.  He loves you.  He thinks you're great.  He doesn't make mistakes.  And even if no one else sees your worth, He does.
Now, go.
Have a good day.

No comments: