Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Marriage 101


We all need a refresher course now and then...yes?
So, after 10 years, Tim and I are an old, married, (yet, very awesome) couple.
I was reminiscing about the first year or so that we were married and I tried so dang hard to be the perfect Mormon wife.  Then, sadly realizing that I would never be perfect, I gave up and just tried to be a good wife.  Then, I spent 6 ish years trying to be the best granddaughter/daughter that anyone could ever ask for, because that's what was needed at the time.
Well, now it's just the two of us again.
Life is busy.
Sometimes, crazy.
Sometimes, I'm just busy.  And crazy.
And I need to refocus on being the best wife that I can be.
He's my eternal companion and I adore him.
I loved him then, I love him still, I always have and always will.
So, I found this on (where else?) Pinterest!
http://imom.com/tools/build-relationships/30-day-marriage-challenge/
I'm doing it.
Starting now.
"True love is not so much a matter of romance as it is a matter of anxious concern for the well being of ones companion."
Gordon B. Hinckley

No comments: