Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Brothers...

I've been working on my Primary lesson this week and it's inspired me...The topic this week is "I Love My Brothers and Sisters".  For those of you that are not LDS, I teach a class of 3 to 4 year old kiddos.  In every lesson, there is a scriptural story of some sort.  The story this week is about Miriam, the sister of Moses. It references how she feels a deep sense of responsibility for him and his well being.  It talks about when he was born and they were ordered to throw all baby boys in the river and her and her mother set Moses in a basket in the bullrushes.  I'm sure you  know the rest of the story.  Anywho, as I was preparing this lesson, I felt so inspired.  I love my brothers so much.  I'm not sure I tell them that enough.  As the oldest child and the only girl, I, like Miriam, feel so much responsibility for their well being and their happiness.  I want them to know how much they are loved, and needed, and appreciated.  I wasn't always nice to them.  I wish I had been.  As I've grown old(er), I have realized how important they are to me.  I have realized what good men they are.  I have realized that I would not be who I am without them.  So, dear brothers, I love your guts.
I Love My Brothers and Sisters Lesson

No comments: