Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Greek Cheese Burgers

For anyone who cares, I joined Weight Watchers.  Why?  Because I am tired of being the fat girl and because the commercials are so darned enticing...so henceforth and thus and whatever, I will occasionally post recipes that are healthy and tasty.  (what?) I know, healthy and tasty?  Really?  Is that possible?
So, starting now...I made some incredibly tasty (and only 8 points) Greek Style Cheeseburgers.  I must give some credit to the Weight Watchers website for this recipe, but next time I will make a few tweaks of my own...
Enjoy...
Greek Cheese Burgers
1 lb. lean ground beef (think 93/7)
1/2 tsp oregano (or less, I think)
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1 clove minced garlic
1/2 c minced onion
4 light hamburger buns
crumbled feta cheese (yum!!)
3/4 c baby spinach


Combine first 6 ingredients and mix well.  (yes, with your hands) Pan fry.  Top with feta and cover until feta cheese gets melty.  (yes, melty)  It won't melt with the consistency of cheddar, but it will soften.  Place on light hamburger bun and top with baby spinach.  Serve with home fries, coleslaw or some other healthy and delightful something or other and then....ENJOY!
So, for all of you that asked, there it is...

No comments: